Summer 2023 Internships
Talent, Passion and Integrity.
Join a World-Class Team.
Experience, Mentorship and Learning From the Best.
Katz Media Group’s internship program is an unparalleled opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience in the media representation industry. We offer internships in our New York City location as well as regional offices across all of our divisions, including advertising sales, marketing, digital, research and beyond. Our interns are highly valued, and the internship program serves as an important recruiting tool for our organization.
Why Intern at Katz?
Our highly-competitive internship program provides students with hands-on experience in the media representation industry. We offer real world opportunities in advertising sales, marketing, radio, television, research and digital media sales. We seek students who have a proven passion for media sales, take initiative, are high energy and possess excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record and previous internship experience, and must be a junior or senior at an accredited college or university.
- Rising Junior or Senior from an accredited University/College
- GPA Minimum: 3.0
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Assume responsibility and accountability for assignments and tasks
- Actively listen clearly and effectively convey information; use professional video conferencing and telephone skills; demonstrate effective business writing skills
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills; collaborate with others
- Part-time, paid seven-week program, working Monday through Thursday (Hybrid)
- June 12-July 27, 2023, in the New York City headquarters
- Personal and professional development, in addition to industry education – heavily concentrated in the radio and television, advertising sales, marketing, and research departments
Friday, February 24 (11:59pm)
WHAT TYPE OF EXPERIENCE CAN I EXPECT TO GAIN THROUGH THE KATZ INTERNSHIP PROGRAM?
Interns work with radio, television, and digital interactive sales teams, gaining exposure to many industry areas, while obtaining comprehensive experience in media sales.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE WORKDAY?
In addition to working directly on projects and day-to-day tasks assisting the sales teams, interns will have periodic opportunities to shadow employees on external excursions. These may include touring radio or television stations, attending sales meetings and visiting advertising agencies on sales calls.
WHAT TRAINING OR MENTORING CAN I EXPECT?
Each intern will have several opportunities for additional training through regularly held seminars and internal meetings within most areas of the company. Interns will broaden their networking skills and work with a mentor who will provide guidance and coaching throughout the experience.
WHAT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE AFTER THE PROGRAM?
During the seven week program, interns will learn about entry-level positions available within Katz. Our goal is to make Katz your first choice after graduation.